Tiki is me and a bit more on the Wood and Glass exhibit

When I first started surfin at 14 there were two other guys Tony Dragan and Brian Sutton who I hung with and basically started riding boards with, I had a wooden tiki that I carved out of wood ,around my neck and everyone from that day on that we met were told my nickname, TIKI  as my name and in the 60s nicknames were as common as mud,   5o years later  99.9% of all the people that know me today, only know me as TIKI so the name of my boards became Tikiseasnakes and there you go!
Yesterday I took my Powlonia up to Newcastle for the exhibition and got aglimpse of some of the boards on show ,Amazing!all are from a variety of owners and the collection is huge, I couldn't honestly give you a figure, but be assured it will be spectacular ,

No comments:

Post a Comment