norm











In
1963 I stood up on my first surfboard ,
I had been a
competitive swimmer when I lived out west but when i came across the Big wide ocean , no more 2 kilometre a day training for me ,I was hooked and the board that I surfed the most in those early years was a borrowed NORM CASEY or two ,off my friends. I hate to say it now but then I thought they were the best boards I had ever surfed , BUT , since I stated to try and surf this old NORM a few years ago my memories got shattered but, not too badly , the old girl does OK but when you want to drive her down the line she felt like she had brakes and would suck you back up into the tube and goodbye. The old were good then, but changes and design innovations, make you realise ,that what you thought was good then, ain't now, so , don't dwell on the past use what you know now for tomorrow there is always something new, something better, yet Norm was my youth Norm was me at 15........I LOVED YOU NORM!

No comments:

Post a Comment