Wanye's board






This is Wayne Lyndons' new 9'1" X22 3/4" that was finished last week, the first of the pintail, roundtail in a longboard that I've done for some time. Wayne was the number 1 Glasser at SHANES when I worked at Peter CLARKES in 69 and 70 and for him to glass 10 boards a day then (and they were all tape ups, tints and pigments) was the norm. I evenutally ended up working with him at McOYS on the Central Coast at Avoca in the 80s where I was the sander and fin man, as you can see we go back a long way . I shaped , and did the hand drawn decals and Wayne glassed and sanded it, at the moment I'm in the middle of making a Bamboo fin for the box, after he saw the ones I was making for other orders . She came out looking sweet, with nice curves that you seem to always get with pintails and the smile on Waynes face was the one when he first saw it after it was shaped

No comments:

Post a Comment